Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Minute Gift Idea


I'm sure y'all are already stocked up on presents. I bet they are all wrapped up pretty and everything. This year's shopping has been so hard for me. I have acquired some really amazing friends this year and I reeeeaaally wanted to get each and every one of them some super special handmade or local present- something really well thought out that would show each of them how much I really appreciate them. But I've just drawn a blank all season. I literally can't think of anything at all- not even for my sister. Buying presents for people is pretty much my most favorite thing ever. What is going on here??


Well I settled on writing everyone heartfelt cards which, in hindsight, was actually quite hard. I'm not so great at openly expressing my feelings like that. But it was good practice and I hope my friends see how wonderful they are and how thankful I am for them. If I could do it over, I think I would make aaaaalllll of them super special Blurb books filled with pictures and memories and drawings and letters. Blurb is this really great site where you can make all sort of books. I made my cousin one about four years ago when her first baby was born. It was filled with all the pictures I had taken. I got to design everything from the layout to the color scheme. It's easy and affordable (I think the small soft cover book I made was $12 or something). Plus you can share the book you've made and buy books other people have made.


And if you need a last minute stocking stuffer, Blurb has gift cards! I want one : )

2 comments:

  1. Books like these are a totally perfect christmas gift! And there are a lot of places here in sweden that makes similar as well. Why didn't I think about this earlier!? But thank you so much for the post, now I have my christmas gifts for next year kind of ready! :) merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really struggling with presents for my in-laws but this post totally helped me =] I made them a book of my wedding pictures and it was so cheap! Like under 30 dollars for 20 pages of multiple, color pictures. Thanks so much for posting this! I'm going to use it so, so much in the future!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy you are here and can't wait to get to know you. I very much appreciate every comment and try to reply back to each one so check back often. OH! And link to your blog so I can follow :)