Friday, November 12, 2010

Feature Friday: Chelseabird/Tea Talk

I think its about time for another Friday feature. Wadda ya say? I'd like to introduce a dear friend of mine Chelsea! She write a cute blog called Tea Talk. She is always sweet and supportive, she makes super cute things, and knows all the cool local spots in town. Her boyfriend even helps out at the GROWop (the local shop where I sell my things)  by selling the amazing things he creates. They are an amazing couple. Enjoy!

Name:  Chelsea Brown aka chelseabird
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

5133106379_3952456ed9_z.jpg

Links: You can find me here, here, and here.

Hobbies: Writing, spending time with my guy, taking photographs, crocheting/knitting, thrifting, drinking coffee

Tell me a bit about yourself/ How did you get into crafting/blogging: I am a senior journalism major at Arizona State University that loves to blog, eat, and take photos. I have been crafting most of my life, but over the last four or so years I've really got in better touch with my crafty self (thanks to my boyfriend Scott, of course). With regards to blogging, I've been blogging since about the age of 12; starting with Xanga, then going to Livejournal, then finally making my way to blogger. I feel that blogging is a great creative way to get my daily writings out, and I love sharing my adventures with my friends and readers.

What inspires you? Coffee, nostalgic feelings, books, music, my boyfriend, Fall, the outdoors

How would you describe your style? I generally try to keep things classic and classy. I am not one to show a lot of skin, so I like covering up with a pair of skinny jeans, a cute cardigan or sweater, and a pretty blouse. I also love wearing boots, and moccasins as well.

5168279221_0bb80bac64.jpg


What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? My favorite thing to bake is pumpkin pie oatmeal! 

Best thrifted find?I would have to say that my best thrifted find is my vintage Coach bag. I spotted it at a Savers last year, felt the $20 price tag was too much, and walked away. A few days later my boyfriend surprised me with it as an anniversary gift.

What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time? My favorite thing to do in my spare time is hang out with my boyfriend Scott, honestly. He's truly my other half, and we always have fun together. I also enjoy going to coffee shops!

5122965081_85241535e2.jpg


What are you working on at the moment? As of now, I don't have any projects going on, but that is only due to my mass amount of homework that has hits these parts lately. However, if you call blogging a project, I am working on three separate blogs right now: my own, my blog for ASU, and one for a class that I'm taking.

Advice for first time sellers? Be brave and just put your stuff out there!

Do you have any favorite websites, blogs, books, etsy shops? Yes! I love Elise Blaha's blog, as well as Cracking Good and Selective Potential. 

What are your goals for your blog/shop/art/craft? My goals for my blog is to keep it going, and build a name for myself. I am hoping that one day my blog will better help me get a job in the journalism world, and I want it to be something that I can show to potential employers and have them react to it positively. However, this blog is for me, and I just know that in the future I will look back on it and be happy that I continued with it, and that I have all of my great memories written down.

5116537630_464cfc2864.jpg



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy you are here and can't wait to get to know you. I very much appreciate every comment and try to reply back to each one so check back often. OH! And link to your blog so I can follow :)