Monday, February 16, 2009

Things that make me happy...

Since moving back to Phoenix, I have been so insecure. I attribute this to not only all the changes that have happened within such a short peroid of time but also to moving 2 minutes from my parents house and living with my self-involved EX fiance. Now dont get me wrong everything I've been through has been positive in that it has all helped me to learn about the world and myself. Being so close to my family has thrown me into taking the position I had before- regardless of what changes might have taken place over the past 4 years when I had no one to answer to but myself. And I dont mean to sound so mean about my ex-fiance... its just that he was good at pretty much everything he tried (or at least made it out to seem as though he was). And not only that but he was very nagative in a lot of ways- he was always making himself out to be better than everyone (which I dont like- why cant we all have something positive to contribute?). All of this has taken a toll on my self esteem in many ways- I just feel so unsure of myself. So I've decided to write up a list of things that I know I LOVE... that way maybe I can look at it when I feel insecure and feel like, in those areas at least, it doesnt matter what anyone thinks- I am good enough.

vintage clothes
antiques
crafts
baking
fashion/makeup
academics
analysis
feminisms
living simply and naturally
making others happy

Regardless of how much I do or do not know about the aforementioned topics, I need to remember that these things excite me and make me happy and if such is the case then maybe it doesnt matter what everyone else thinks- if I am good enough or smart enough or.... enough. If I focus on those things that make me happy, I will be happy and confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy you are here and can't wait to get to know you. I very much appreciate every comment and try to reply back to each one so check back often. OH! And link to your blog so I can follow :)