Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Reads: Made By Hand

I am so excited to tell you all about this book I've been reading. If you haven't already guessed, I am kind of a nerd. I love reading about why people do the things they do and what that means. For example, as much as I love the act of creating, I love (as much if not more) theorizing and discussing what the modern craft movement means in the grand scheme of things.

That's why I am LOVING this new book I just got. Written by the Editor-in-chief of the fabulous Make magazine, Mark Frauenfelder chronicles his experiences making things by hand. He tries lots of things from bee keeping to instrument making to growing food. While not all attempts turn out successful, he shows how making things is fun and fulfilling.

If you go here, you can download the introduction and first chapter of the book. The first chapter is one of my favorites because it talks about fear and is really enlightening.

What are your favorite books? Any good ones I have to check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy you are here and can't wait to get to know you. I very much appreciate every comment and try to reply back to each one so check back often. OH! And link to your blog so I can follow :)