Friday, October 16, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

I went to the midnight showing of Where the Wild Things Are. To be honest I kinda thought I would be let down. There was so much hype on the movie and like Juno, for example, I figured the movie just wouldn't compare with how people were making it out to be. But it actually was great and pulled off in a very sophisticated way.

I remember reading the book when I was little and it just being fun and imaginative (let me remind you that my memory is like a goldfish's). I love when you go see and movie or read a book and somehow it really speaks to your life at that very moment... The focus on loneliness was beautiful.

I wish Max was my best friend. There is something so inspiring about kids and their imaginations. While it was sad to see Max being all sad and lonely, I love how he personifies the fence and imagines these elaborate stories and creates amazing forts. Anyone who can build something from nothing and be just as happy as if they had everything in the world warms my heart. I love that his imagination goes wild and he does not censor it at all.

Anyways, I think from now on I am going to try to do something daily to foster my imagination and act with wreckless abandon- maybe today I'll talk to my fence. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy you are here and can't wait to get to know you. I very much appreciate every comment and try to reply back to each one so check back often. OH! And link to your blog so I can follow :)