Here's what you need:
Fabric (muslin, old sheets, t-shirts, or socks, fabric scraps)
Plastic grocery bags (or fiberfill, fabric scraps, etc)
Flowers, buttons, ribbon, googly eyes, accessories
Blush and Q-tip (optional)
Got it? Let's do it!
1. Cut a square of fabric. Mine was about 13.5 x 11.5 inches but there is no need to be specific. Your square can be smaller or larger depending on the size of ghost you want to make. Lay out your fabric and put your grocery bag in the center.
2. Gather the fabric around, grasping your little Ghosty around the neck, as you use your pencil to draw on a face. *you can skip to step 4 if you plan on glueing on trinkets for your ghost's face*
3. Take out your grocery bag and stitch on your ghost's face.
4. Using a Q-tip and some blush, give your ghost pretty cheeks.
5. Put your "stuffing" back in and tie Little Ghosty's neck tightly with a piece of floss.
6. Finally, decorate! Use ribbons, buttons, flowers, spiders, scary things to decorate and give your ghost personality.
Congrats! You've made a new friend!
These little cuties could easily be made into angels for Christmas time or little dollies for all year round. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with. Once you finish your new ghost friends send me photos (and links to your blog/website) to email@example.com. I'll be posting all of your fun projects Monday the 25th. And don't forget about our little twitter chat Monday the 18th at 5pm AZ time using the hashtag #merrymay. I'm so excited to get to know you and share ideas! XXOO